Rent Smart Wales
All Dafydd Hardy staff who deal in Lettings have attended the Rent Smart Wales course and are fully conversant with the acts requirements.
All private landlords who have a rental property in Wales must register themselves and the addresses of their rental properties in Wales, there is a charge of £33.60 to register online and this rises if undertaking a paper application.
Landlords who undertake defined letting or property management activities at a rental property in Wales must apply for a license. If your property is managed through Dafydd Hardy, we are your licenced agent and as such you will not need to be licenced unless you undertake defined activities as listed below;
- Arranging or conducting viewings with prospective tenants;
- Gathering evidence for the purpose of establishing the suitability of prospective tenants (for example, by confirming character references, undertaking credit checks or interviewing a prospective tenant);
- Preparing, or arranging the preparation, of a tenancy agreement;
- Preparing, or arranging the preparation, of an inventory for the dwelling or schedule of condition for the dwelling.
- Collecting rent;
- Being the principal point of contact for the tenant in relation to matters arising under the tenancy;
- Making arrangements with a person to carry out repairs or maintenance;
- Making arrangements with a tenant or occupier of the dwelling to secure access to the dwelling for any purpose;
- Checking the contents or condition of the dwelling, or arranging for them to be checked as part of a current tenancy or for one which has ended;
- Serving notice to terminate a tenancy.
We would ask that all landlords register with Rent Smart Wales, this needs to be done before 22nd November 2016.
You can register here; https://www.rentsmart.gov.wales/en/landlord/